MILESTONES SINCE 1923
1. The society was registered on 21-09-1923 and commenced its activities on 24-11-1923.
2. Siddapur branch was openend In 1947.
3. By the request of this society, North Kanara District printing co operative society branch was started in 1953.
4. Yellapur branch was opened in 1955.
5. Society was classified as “A” by audit department In 1959.
6. Linking credit with marketing system was introduced during 1960’s.
7. On 8-10-1962 Medical Stores was started.
8. On 17-06-1964 the office was shifted from Nadig Galli to Namaj Gudda which is now called as A.P.M.C. yard.
9. Petrol bunk was started on 21-12-1964 and then handed over to another society.
10. The Rice Mill was started on 09-05-1965.
11. With the efforts of the society, K.S.R.T.C. divisional office was started.
12. With the collaboration of the society, soil testing laboratory was started in the office building by K.D.C.C. Bank.
13. During 1969-70, Society returned Government share and loan.
14. Society is the founder member of Campco which was established in 1973.
15. Financial assistance to many educational institutions, students’ hostels, agriculture and horticulture research, poor and intellectual and meritorious students and to some other activities.
16. In the year 1985, well equipped and well furnished Samrat Hotel was purchased. Since then it is serving not only members but also people from different areas by providing good accommodation facilities.
17. As it is having own capital and sufficient funds, it is providing financial help to its members, primary co-operative societies.
18. 24 hours’ payment facility to members through ATM started in May-2005
19. On 14-11-2005, High -tech hospital was started
20. Installation of Computers in all sections
21. On 05-10-2005 cattle breeding centre was opened with the collaboration of BAIF at Sirsi.
22. Founder member of Karnataka Rajya Sahakara Adike Marata Mahamandal Niyamita, Shimoga in 2006.
23. On 06-06-2006, public library was started at Head Office.
24. It has constructed Offices and go-downs of its own.
25. Cold storage has been constructed for the first time in this region to store arecanut in 2007
26. Started own purchase of arecanut and pepper in line of Market Intervention Scheme and TSS branded betelnut from 2007 for the benefit of the members.
27. Scented Sweet Supari in Tiger brand name started in December 2010.
28. Packing in Groceries as TSS GROCERIES started from April-2011.
29. Large Scale processing of Scented Sweet Supari started at Kadave in 2012.
30. Started fund for Funeral expenses in case of death of a member in sept-2012.
31. Cattle feed mixture - TSS DHARA started in 2012
32. Supermarket at Yellapura started in Nov-2014.
33. Mundgod branch started in Nov-2015.
34. Started services of agriculture consultants for farmers’ problems related to cultivation from Jan-2015.
35. Supermarket in small scale started in 2011 and upgraded to new building in December 2016.
36. Started provision for Agri. Accident Fund for any eventuality during conducting agricultural activities either by any farm labourer or by members’ family itself in Jan-2016.
37. Started Fellowship for M.Sc.(Hort.) / Ph.D. students for research in arecanut/pepper of this region in 2016.
38. Started Vijay Bank branch operations after de-monetization for the benefit of farmers in 2017.
39. Supermarket at Siddapur in new building started in January 2017.
40. Started Janoushadhi Kendra and branded medical shop with Allopathic, Ayurvedic and Veterinary medicines in Sept-2017.
41. Organic Manure – TSS GREEN GOLD, KRISHI MITRA(14:06:21) started in 2017 & 2018 respectively
42. Started “Samarpana” veterinary clinic at APMC campus in Aug-2018.
43. Started Building Material Section for low cost rural housing in 2018.
44. Started provision for Members’ Health Fund for taking care of hospital expenses of members and their family in April 2018.
45. TSS Copper Sulphate and TSS Bordo Line in consumer friendly pack and power form started in June-2018.
46. TSS Tea, TSS PoojaAgarabathi, TSS Pickles, etc started from 2018.
47. TSS branded medicines for BP, Diabetes and Cholesterol and other FMCG Products like Soaps, Shampoo, Face Wash, Hand Wash etc from Aug-2018.
48. Started Health Center for members and ESIC MEUD Center for the benefit of ESI contributors and their family of this region in 2019
49. Started Laboratory for Trichoderma production for control of fugal disease for areca and pepper in 2019.
50.GI tag for “SIRSI SUPARI”obtained by TSS from GI registry in March-2019.
1. Sarvajanika Seva Prashasti - 1962
2. IFFCO Cash Award -1988-89
3. Best Marketing Society - 2005
4. Best Co-operative Society - 2007